Today’s blogmas post is going to be a little more chill today. I felt like doing a Christmas Tag today. I love tags as I feel like you get to know someone a bit better through the questions that are asked. Hopefully this will help you find out more about the festive side of me.
1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I love so many Christmas movies, it’s so hard to narrow it down. Two of my favourites are Love Actually and The Polar Express. They symbolise Christmas for me. I never fail to watch them every year, they are definitely two films I go for when I need a bit of comfort.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
From the Christmases I remember I don’t think it’s ever snowed on Christmas day. Whenever we get snow it’s usually in January. I do remember one year it was so cold that on Christmas morning the roads were covered in ice and we almost crashed while going to mass in the morning.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
I always spend it as home with my family and my Grandad joins us every year. During the evening we go to my cousins house and visit them.
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Michael Buble, or Do They Know It’s Christmas. All amazing songs.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No we normally save all our presents for Christmas Day. I don’t think I’ve ever opened a present before Christmas morning.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Prancer, Commit, Rudolph, Donner, Vixen, ehm….that’s all I can think of right now.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Every year my mom buys us pyjamas to wear on Christmas Eve. I’ve always loved it growing up. After putting them on we usually all sit down and watch a movie or the Mrs. Brown’s Boys Christmas special before my Dad and brother go to one of our local pubs for a drink together.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
We’ve always put up a fake one although I would love a real one.
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
Selection boxes! Do they count?
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Giving gifts 100%. I just love being able to see peoples reactions to the present you bought them. I hate receiving gifts because what if you don’t react well enough to the present, I’m always so afraid that it’s something I already have. Too much pressure.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
One year my Dad bought me a dolls house and furniture for every room in the dolls house. To this day it is still my favourite present ever.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
New York, Austria or London.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
Depends on what needs to be wrapped. Give me a book or a dvd any day!
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
When my Nana was alive after mass we would all go to her house and exchange gifts with our cousins, aunts, uncles and it was always my favourite part. Every present would be put under the tree and she’d be in charge of calling out which present is for who.
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I don’t remember tbh. When I was 10 or 11 I always remember being suspicious and then eventually my mom told me. However I do believe that there is something magical to Christmas even if Santa isn’t real.
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I have tried in the past and I always fail. I just find it so hard to stick to them. For this year I might do something different, maybe a New Years bucket list. I’m not too sure yet.
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
Family and friends. I love sharing the holiday season with the people I love and visiting people that I haven’t seen in ages.
Those are my answers to the Christmas tag. If you do this tag or something similar I would love to check it out.
See you tomorrow.